Something not completely unlike CV
See also my public appearances and contributions page.
Developed Software at
- Since Oct 2020: Hubstaff;
- Nov 2017-Oct 2020: Verbit.ai;
- May 2016-Oct 2017: Toptal;
- 2009-Apr 2016: BrandSpotter.ru (including CTO responsibilities);
- Before 2009: own (non-public) full-cycle business software suite for small hardware store (accounting, invoicing, intellectual analysis of incoming data, CRM and so on); computer journalist for Computerra.ru, and a lot of other stuff.
- Ruby since 2004 as the main language; a lot of non-Rails experiences (Sinatra and Grape-based microservices, tools, and gems);
- Rails since 2016, including participation in architecture for large Rails apps with DDD-like decoupling;
- Huge fan of BDD with RSpec and documenting the code, developed tools for both;
- Main development interests: tools for developers, information extraction, wrapping external libraries and APIs;
- Other languages: deep, yet outdated, C++ knowledge; wrote some production code in Python, PHP, VBA (for Excel, don’t laugh); had a hand or at least curious eye on tens of others; lately, some Rust and more Python;
- Storage technologies: MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Redis, Mongo, ElasticSearch, a bit of Cassandra;
- No fear of database design, normalization, and denormalization (and making decisions between them), though, far from DBA level;
- Have done a lot of things with AMQP (RabbitMQ);
- Some experience (including practical) with Semantic Web technologies: RDF, SPARQL, Virtuoso;
- Very outdated experience with neural networks;
- A bit weak on devops side, though not afraid of bash, docker, Capistrano, heroku and stuff;
- Standard knowledge of Linux command-line, git, and other default tools;
- Fluent, though not always ideal, spoken and written English (worked in a multilingual environment and gave successful talks on international conferences).
- Master degree in Computer Science (KNURE-2004).