This is the table of contents for the (finished in May 2021!) “Rebuilding the spellchecker” series, dedicated to explaining how the world’s most popular spellchecker Hunspell works, via its Python port called Spylls.
- “Just look in the dictionary, they said!”: Dictionary lookup, pt.1
- “Compounds and solutions”: Dictionary lookup, pt.2 (word compounding)
- Introduction to suggest algorithm
- “Hunspell and the order of edits”: Edit-based suggest
- “Well, akchualy…”: Search for similar words suggest
- “17 (ever so slightly) weird facts about most popular dictionary format”
- “I forgot how to spellcheck”: Summary of it all